Monday 10 October 2016

A small flaw in IOS 10

As the dust settles from one of Apples more controversial iPhone launches, IOS 10 was officially released to the masses.

Eager to try out all of the new cool features available, notably the changes to the Messages app; I updated my iPhone 6s this morning.
Initially you are presented with Apples new lock screen, a change that is different, but not impossible to get used to. I like the fact that you are able to see all the banked up notifications easily with a directional swipe. Swiping in the opposite direction you can now access the camera app, these new homescreen features work fairly flawlessly.
The iPhone now wakes when picked up. It is brief but constantly lighting up a standard LCD screen can cause battery loss. Initially having owned an Android phone with a similar feature/flaw I stuck my thumb over the proximity sensor and picked my phone up once more, to my surprise my phone lit up. Although I like this feature as it makes momentarily checking your phone easy, I have concerns that when it is in my pocket moving about, the iPhone will constantly light up causing the battery to drain faster than it already does.
I have not tested this and the battery loss is probably marginal, for me anyway my iPhone 6s battery is already horrifically bad so I havent yet noticed anything.
Lets hope it is rectified in the next update

No comments:

Post a Comment