Wednesday 20 April 2016

Best customer service from a consumer technology company

Recently I built myself a PC, my very first tower PC ever as previously I have only ever owned a Mac and a sh*t DELL laptop which was School issued...

I have been tasked with the job of picking a Monitor for my PC a task which started out simple, a base level $200 budget gave me alot of simple options. As I looked and looked I began to creep up the price scale eventually stopping at double my original budget, I felt fairly confident in investing in a really good 1080p monitor that should last me a while.

A week into my initial hunt I had a brain wave to try and get a deal using the power of social media, I posted on twitter for the first time, tagging every monitor manufacturer and asked the simple question, "time to buy a monitor which do I choose?" To my surprise LG swooped in and sent me a link to their website, Samsung then pulled out the big guns showing off their curved range however that was it... No one else said anything, LG did come back to me with a private message and gave me some personalised links however they were all $500+ monitors which were undoubtedly beautiful and sadly out of my price range.

So no luck, no twitter feud and no free monitor arriving on my doorstep, but hey it was worth the try.

Back to DELL it was,  the only problem was my local stockist was out of the U2414H and I am hoping to pick something up before the weekend. This forced me to look a little more, I even got back to LG and asked if they recommended any more 'budget' options and they replied super quickly with another two links of which one was the service-persons personal recommendation.

What a story so far (I am still undecided). Never have I ever experienced such service from a company, I have to give LG props for their pure excellent service, I might end up with one of their products as they have done a pretty convincing job so far.




No comments:

Post a Comment